This privacy notice sets out how Environmental Protection Strategies Ltd (EPS Ltd) uses and manages any information that you might provide us while browsing or using this website. EPS Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this site you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may update this notice from time to time and we recommend that you revisit this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 7 September 2016. Latest updated: March 2018.
What we collect
When you use our website to browse, submit a request for information, quotation or apply for a job, we will collect some personal information relating to your query. This information is never passed on to third parties unless it is necessary for us to do so in order to fulfil our service to you or we are required to do so by law. Information we may collect includes, for example, the following:
- Name, job title, business or company name
- Contact information including email address, telephone number, postal address
- Domain, IP address, web browser, operating system, referral URLs, your activity on the website
What we do with the information we gather
The information you provide helps us better understand your requirements, to respond to your query effectively and provide you with a service best suited to your needs. We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Supplying our services to you and responding to requests for contact from you.
- Statistical analysis and monitoring of website behaviour and visitor activity.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about our services, industry relevant news or other information which we think you may find interesting and relevant using the email address or telephone number which you have provided, but only if you have opted in to direct marketing.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- If you have applied for a job we will retain the information relating to your application for 6 months, unless you request for the information to be deleted sooner.
We may contact you by email, phone or post.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember who you are, your actions and preferences over a period of time (such as language or font size).
We use Google Analytics cookies, _ga; _gid and_utma, to monitor website visitor activity – to identify new and returning users to our website and to help us understand which pages are being viewed. This allows us analyse online traffic and improve our site in order to better tailor it to customers’ preferences. Individual information is not identifiable from this data and it is only used for statistical analysis related to web traffic.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for more information on how see www.aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed.
For details on how to opt out from Google Analytics cookies: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
To find out more about how Google safeguards your privacy: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
Google Tag Manager
We use Google Tag Manager our website. The Tag Manager allows marketed website tags to be managed using an interface and we use it to measure traffic, user behaviour and gain insight into the performance of online advertisements. More information about the processing of personal data by Google Tag Manager can be found here.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other, external websites of interest. However, once you leave our site you should be aware that we have no control over external websites. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you may provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy notice.
Controlling your personal information
You can restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When filling in a form on the website, look for the opt-in box that you can use to indicate your preferences for direct marketing purposes. Please note that currently, the EPS website and the contact form does not opt anyone in for direct marketing.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us, emailing us at [email protected] or by unsubscribing from marketing emails by either using the unsubscribe link where available or directly replying to the email originator.
- We do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or we are required to do so by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, free of charge. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Data Protection Officer, 7 Caxton House, Broad Street, Cambourne, Cambridge, CB23 6JN. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address, so that we can promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.